Click Here For Info On Using Gameshark Keycodes (N64 Only)
A Gameshark (Pro/CDX) also known as The Pro Action Replay is a cheating device for the Nintendo 64, Playstation, or Sega Dreamcast (one does not work for all systems you must buy the one made specifically for each game system) it is like the Game Genie or original Action Replay for the old 16-bit systems.
The Gameshark and the Pro Action Replay are the same thing they just have the different names depending on what country you are in.
Do not confuse the Gameshark with the SharkPad the Gameshark is a cheating device the SharkPad is a controller.
- Playstation Gameshark CDX
- The Playstation Gameshark CDX is a lot like the Gameshark Pro only instead of using the parallel port in back of the Playstation it uses the memory card slot, this is necessary for the newer 9000 series Playstations which do not have a parallel port. The Playstation Gameshark CDX will not work with the 1000 series Playstations.
- Nintendo 64 Gameshark Pro
- The Nintendo 64 Gameshark Pro goes into your N64 just like a game the game then goes on top of the Gameshark. It let's you use Gameshark cheat codes, make your own cheat codes with the code generator (This feature requires the 4mb expansion pack), and on version 3.2 or higher with an extra cable you can connect it to your PC.
- Dreamcast Gameshark CDX
- The Dreamcast Gameshark CDX plugs into your memory card slot, and uses a CD to select/enter cheat codes into the gameshark.
- PS2 Gameshark CDX
- The Playstation 2 Gameshark CDX plugs into your memory card slot, and uses a CD to select/enter cheat codes into the gameshark.
- Playstation Gameshark Pro
- The Playstation Gameshark Pro plugs into the parallel port on the back of your playstation. It let's you use Gameshark cheat codes, make your own cheat codes with the code generator, and with an extra cable you can connect it to your PC.
- PS2 Code Breaker
- The Playstation 2 Code Breaker is similar to a Gameshark and is expected to be released sometime in 2001.